Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Students Make It All Worth It


Today was my favorite day of my Level 1 Field Experience yet, and it was all because of the students. I got to experience what it feels like to be "in the zone" as a teacher for the first time ever through helping the students with multiplying double digit numbers, and through working on their essay writing with them. I got to see the students go from "I can't do it," to "I did it!" all in a matter of 40 min. It was a GREAT reminder of why I'm spending hours upon hours working on homework, and why I strive to be a teacher.


I have been so fortunate to develop relationships with almost all of the students in the classroom in just 6 short weeks. I love the way they all have personalities and passions that make them so special, and I can see that they all learn in their own ways. Knowing them makes me excited to become a teacher because I know that there are so many awesome kids just like them out there, and many who don't know how awesome they are yet. I want to show kids that they can do anything they set their mind to when it comes to school, and that their futures matter!

"Kid President's Pep Talk to Teachers and Students!"



Follow my twitter at: Ms_JamieBecker
Image: Iowa Clipart for Schools

No comments:

Post a Comment